The kids waiting for Dad to exchange our American dollars for Pesos.
We had fun swimming and snorkeling in Cabo. Rather than taking the expensive excursions the cruiseline offers, we like to venture out on our own. We took the public transportation (subercabo) to a more remote beach called Chileno Beach. It wasn't crowded with tourists and there were no vendors coming by every few minutes to sell you their varied necklaces, baskets, dresses, purses, tatoos, bracelets, chimes, sculptures, etc.
We had an interesting experience after our day at Chileno beach. We sat out by the highway waiting and waiting for the bus to take us back into town. The subercabo was supposed to come by every 20 minutes throughout the day. It goes back and forth on the highway all day between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. According to everything we read, we were supposed to sit out by the highway and just flag the bus down when it came by. But it never came. We waited and waited. We started getting a little nervous about getting back to the pier in time to get back on the ship. After sitting there for about 45 minutes, we decided to have a prayer. Shortly afterwards, a car stopped. Hank went and talked to the nice young couple who had just arrived at Chileno beach to spend the rest of the afternoon. They asked what we were doing and then offered to give us a ride back into town, which was about a 20 minute drive. They had a little car, but said we could all fit in. Hank and Reed each held one of the girls on their lap and I sat in the middle. They dropped us off a few blocks from the harbor and we made it back just in time. Hank tried to pay them for their trouble, but they absolutely refused to accept any money. They just wanted to help us out. We were so thankful and couldn't belive they would go so far out of their way to help strangers.







Wow!!! What an answer to prayer!! What if you would have missed the ship?! YIKES! I wonder why the bus never came. Strange.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful beach!!!
No braids this year? :)
ReplyDeleteI think if we missed the ship we would have had to get flights back to the USA from Cabo. I don't know what they would do with all of our stuff...I guess we would have to meet the ship at debarkation and get our stuff off.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to stay tuned to see about braids.
Lucky duck. I'm glad you guys got to get away.
ReplyDeletei bet they were members!!!!!! lol :)
ReplyDelete(that actually happened to a bunch of us in college over on the coast...)
Gosh, I can't believe the thought of 'walking' back to the ship never occurred to you! :)
ReplyDeleteI know this is a little off topic, but I just can't GET OVER how much Kate looks like your mom!! Every time I see a picture of her, I just see your mom standing there. She must be so tickled to have such a look-alike-grand-daughter!
Hey, thanks for staying on top of your postings. I really enjoy them. If you haven't noticed, I sorta gave up. :)
Oh! And baby #5 is on the way if you haven't already heard! Coming this July..... and yes, we HAVE registered as legally insane. :)
Love you! Kris
I Looonnnnngggg for a cruise to somewhere WARM! So far my only cruise was to ALASKA...in June, in the RAIN and COLD---and I was sick the whole time with Bronchitis....and fearful of the ship hitting an iceberg (visions of Titanic)and going down in that COOOOOLLLLLDDDD water. Happy thoughts.....love you, MOM
ReplyDelete