Friday, December 15, 2006

Goodbye Robert

I took Robert to his new foster home today. He seemed rather indifferent, but of course, I didn't expect him to care too much. He's always in his own little world. He saw his brother and his 2 sisters and didn't really show much interest in them. I worry about him. I hope the new foster mom is patient with him because he can be so frustrating at times. I pray for him to have a good home where he feels loved and cherished. When I went to leave, he came to the door with me and wanted to go with me. I had to say goodbye and shut the door. I love that little guy. As I was walking out to my car, the caseworker thanked me profusely for what I've done with Robert and said he could tell we really made a connection with him. I think we did, but then I wonder how that affects him when we leave him behind? Are we just inflicting more emotional/abandonment wounds on him? Mikell told me today to just remember that we're taking him in at the most vulnerable, traumatic time in his life so far...right when he gets ripped out of his home and away from his parents. We took him in and provided a safe, loving home for him and that's the very best situation for him. Regardless of what happens to him when he leaves our home. I guess that's true. We're at least giving him a few days or weeks of unconditional love and acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment