Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Godspeed


It's amazing how quickly they work their way into our hearts.
We only had these little ones for 6 days.
I transitioned them to their foster home today. It hurt my heart.
Because it hurt their hearts.
The baby had become quite attached and didn't want to leave.
He was clinging to me and crying.
The older one was trying so hard to be brave.
He had asked if he could stay here longer.
It will be their 4th home in just over a week.
Hopefully it will be a more permanent situation for them.
We love you guys and we'll be praying for you.

5 comments:

  1. They're cute, Suz. I hope their new home is for longer. That's gotta be hard to see them come and go like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Suz,
    You are so brave! I cry just hearing about it, and especially when you put faces to each episode. I can't even imagine what it would be like living it....for all of you. I admire you for continuing to expose your heart for the sake of these little ones, and the influence you have on their lives. Luv, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    You're killin me here. I can't even imagine what you guys must go through each time you have to say goodbye. You truly are angels doing amazing things. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is amazing..."have I done any good in the world today?" Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is horrible! it makes me hurt just to think about it. Foster care is tough, but thank you for doing it and not giving up.

    ReplyDelete