I always think that I'll remember the funny things my kids say, but the truth is...I don't. So maybe I'll start blogging some of them. Here are a few recent ones from Montana:
Montana drew a picture of the scripture she read during primary. It was John 3:16. She drew a picture of Heavenly Father and Jesus and labled them. Only Heavenly Father was labled "Hemle Father" I thought maybe she just wrote it wrong, so I asked her about it. She insisted that was his name. Hemle Father. So I explained to her that it was Heaven-ly Father, like in Heaven. She got a big smile on her face and said, "Oh! Heaven! I get it."
Tonight after her prayer, she asked me, "Mom, why do you say inna-nama Jesus Christ amen?" I told her it was "In the name of ......" She was again, like, "Oh, in-the-name-of-....I get it"
It took 5 years for us to teach her this?? I guess that's part of the last child syndrome...you just assume they know what they're saying because they've been copying their older siblings for so long.



No comments:
Post a Comment