Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Messy Roomer Day 3

Today was the 3rd full day of the stand-off. Actually, I've been thinking about what Sally said in the comments about procrastination vs. power struggle. You may have a point, Sal. I do think there's a subtle underlying power struggle going on. It's kind of a "I"ll do what I want when I want and you can't make me" thing. But the overall feeling is more one of procrastination and distraction. She has so much stuff in there that it could be WEEKS before she gets bored.
Today she made her bed and layed out a pink fuzzy blanket. On top of the blanket she had arranged about 15 different items (polly pockets, my little ponies, etc) I asked her what the blanket was for and she said, "Oh, that's just my little play area I made." She's too cute for words sometimes.
Mealtimes are definitely the hardest for her. She wants to be with us. (and we want her to be with us!) She was a little upset that she couldn't go to JJ's piano lesson today, but she got over it soon enough.
Tomorrow may be more of a challenge because Carter is coming over for the day. She's going to want to play with him. Maybe that will motivate her??

1 comment:

  1. So...how did it end? Did she clean her room or is it Day 6 of the standoff? I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete