I admit it. I'm addicted to old, outdated clothes. I have an entire closet full of clothes that I never wear, most of which I've had since 2nd grade. And shoes. Oh, the shoes. I went through my walk-in closet last night in an attempt to make room for a person to actually walk in. I counted 35 pair. And those are the ones I'm keeping. But will still never wear. (You never know when you might need those old, now-yellowish, white pumps that you wore on your wedding day 17 years ago.)
One would think that with all these many many many clothes (and shoes....don't forget the shoes,) that I would be a fashion icon and sport something new each day for 365 days. But no. Instead I wear pretty much the same thing every day for 365 days. And the other clothes just hang there day after day. I think it's time to do something about that. And, no, I don't mean start wearing them. I need to cleanse the inner closet. Take a trip to Goodwill. Just do it.
Maybe tomorrow.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Clothes Junkie
Posted by SusieQ at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wait! I'll help you!I LOVE cleansing! Maybe while you're gone, I could take out everything I think should go...then when you see how clean your closet is, you'll agree and just give everything away. If you want to keep it, you'll have to actually hang it up again. Or you could take it to a consignment shop!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think that's a GRAND idea! Thanks for offering. Remember when we went through my closet together a few years ago? It was so fun!
ReplyDelete