Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All I want is 10 Minutes!!!

Why is it that the minute I step into the shower and get completely wet, the entire world (my children, in particular) suddenly needs to speak with me URGENTLY. I'm serious. It happens on a daily basis. Without fail. I'm just looking for a peaceful, private 10 minute shower.
I used to lock my bedroom door, but I had to stop that because in their desperate attempt to knock loud enough for me to hear, my children would practically knock the door down. And possibly the entire house.
Now I only lock the bathroom door so that I am able to hear the muffled sounds coming from the other side.

Child: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK MOM????
Me: What?
Child: mpfhfjdksle;lk fjkds jklapslekj j ejwk ;lskdfj !!!!!!!
Me: What??!! Can you say that again louder?
Child: MPFHJASKDLP DJFKEL FJDKLPS JKL;LASKDJ !!!!!!!
Me: You. have. to. YELL. I'm. in. the. SHOWER!!
Child: MOM, MY TOAST POPPED UP!!! (or something equally as earth shattering)

Since this happens so often, I've decided to make it fun. Rather than seeing this as the completely irritating and crazy-making experience that it is, I think I'll keep track of these unimportant and frivilous interruptions and think of them as potential blog material.

There have been many, many blog-worthy shower interruptions in the past, but to keep it simple, I'll just start with today's.

Montana: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK MOM????(frantically)
Me: What?
Montana: as;dlke jfkelp jkl jk ;ela;slje
Me: I can't hear you! I'm in the shower!
Montana: ase j jksls ANTS sdkl jkels ejkl!!
Me: Say it LOUDER!!!
Montana: MOM, THE ANT TRAP ISN'T WORKING...THE ANTS AREN'T GOING IN THERE!
Me: That's ok.

2 minutes later...

Montana: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK MOM???? (desperately)
Me: What?
Montana: Can I have a piece of candy?

OK. So those weren't that funny. But when it happens day after day after day after day, it actually becomes quite humorous. Like a game. What can they possibly think of to say to me this time? What is so dang important that it can't wait until I get out?

And then the phone rings.

1 comment:

  1. No kidding!!! I only have one kid, and it's the same. Tyler, who would watch TV ALL DAY if I let him, suddenly loses all interest when I sit him down to a video or tv show and then take a shower. I don't have a lock on my door, so he feels free to come in and pull back the shower curtain just to make sure I'm in there! Is ten minutes of privacy just too much to ask?!

    ReplyDelete