Saturday, March 3, 2007

Birthday Girl









JJ LOVES her new scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa. She couldn't wait until her baptism day to open them. She has been waiting for so long and she really really wanted to open them, so I told her she could. I figured Mom would have let her if she were here. I mean, it's the scriptures. How can you say NO to a child opening the scriptures?

You should have seen her beaming when she was looking at them. You would have thought she just won a million dollars. It was priceless.

She had a fun day and a fun party. She had the theme of "High School Musical." We made a bunch of posters that said, 'GO WILDCATS" and "I LOVE TROY" and "WE LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" and other pre-teen girl stuff with pictures of the cast memebers, etc. She invited 3 of her friends (Rachel, Maggie, and Krista) plus Montana and Rachel's little sister, Carly who is in Katie's kindergarten class.
They came over after school. They made a little craft when they first arrived. It was a picture frame made with foamie stuff. We took a group picture and put it in their individual frames to take home. They turned out really cute.

Then they watched the sing-along version of High School Musical. Well, most of them watched it most of the time. The others were floating around between the movie and the upstairs play room.

We had pizza, cake, and ice cream. The cake was definitely not my best masterpiece, but Jessi liked it so I guess that's what counts. She opened her presents and then they did karaoke until their parents came to pick them up around 6:30 p.m.

When I tucked her in tonight, she said she wished tomorrow was her birthday, too.
I'm glad birthdays only come around once a year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! that looks like so much fun!! you guys must be excited for the second one! i definately am!!!

    ReplyDelete