Sunday, September 9, 2007

Reality Check

Do you ever feel like the line between reality and fantasy gets a little fuzzy when you read other people's blogs? What I mean is, after reading a complete stranger's blog for a considerable amount of time, do you start to have this idea that you actually know them? And all of their family members?

The other day my teenage son was buying a song by Maroon 5 from i-tunes. I got all excited and said to him, "Maroon 5? I know someone in that band!! I mean, I know someone whose brother is in that band. Wait. I mean, I know someone whose brother is married to someone whose brother is in that band. OK Wait. I don't actually know ANYONE associated with ANYONE in that band! It's just that I read CJane's awesome blog every single day of the year and I feel like I know HER. But I really don't. But her brother Topher is married to Lisa, whose brother is in the band Maroon 5. There.

See? I get all confused about who I know and don't know. But I guess that's the beauty of blogs. You "get to know" lots of people and make lots of "new friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment