So my kids love "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's. They know all the words and sing their hearts out. It's one of the sweetest, sappiest, most sentimental songs I've ever heard. I have to admit I like it, too.
"Girl, tonight you look so pretty, Yes you do. Time Square can't shine as bright as you. I swear it's true"
"Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar, We'll have it good. We'll have the life we knew we would. My word is good."
"If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away, I'd write it all. Even more in love with me you'd fall. We'd have it all."
My favorite line, however, has to be this one:
"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars. I'd walk to you if I had no other way."
The other day I mentioned how I really liked that line. JJ said, "Yeah, but where would he sleep? He could't walk 1000 miles all in one day!"
Hank's comment was, "I'd walk 1000 miles to see you, but then I would shower before I hugged you." Isn't that sweet? Delilah, you've got nothin' on me.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Hey there, Delilah
Posted by SusieQ at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So sweet! My boys love that song too.
ReplyDeletei love the way you write. i think you really have a gift. i'm gald you shared the words with me to this simple song. it actually made me almost want to cry to think of the tenderness. i love your gang too. indeed, delilah has nothing on you
ReplyDelete