Saturday, October 20, 2007

Nap Time (or Not)

Since Little Guy has figured out that he can climb out of his crib, my life has become much more exhausting. He won't stay in his crib for a nap (AUUUUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or at bedtime either. Since he's a foster child, we are not allowed to use a door lock to keep him in his room. So he pretty much has free reign.

Today, Hank put him down for a nap and decided to sleep right outside of the bedroom door. That way he would be able to put him back in bed (4,000 times). After about an hour or so, Hank came and told me that Little Guy had finally fallen asleep. He said he had gotten out of bed and fallen asleep with all of his clothes piled on top of him. Well, I had to see that one. So I went into his bedroom and this is what I saw:
Lots of clothes pulled onto the floor, but no sign of Little Guy... I could hear him breathing, so I knew he was OK, but I couldn't see his head or his feet or any part of him. Until I looked up....







There he was sound asleep on the closet shelf. Of course, I moved him off so he wouldn't fall, and it woke him up so he never really got a good nap.

Any ideas??? I'm thinking he's about done with naps, but I still NEED him to have a little quiet time.

5 comments:

  1. That is crazy. . . kids do the darndest things. Oh, how I feel for you! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha! That made me laugh out loud. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one I haven't seen before...very creative boy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious, Suz! Notice no one has any advice? We're just laughing at your predicament? That's interesting that they won't let you lock him in his room. Even with a towel over the door to make it harder to get out? I suppose he'd just climb over a gate? What about two gates on top of each other? I know how important quiet time is!!

    ReplyDelete