So, we get home from our lovely trip to Park City around 10:30 p.m on Sunday night and this little darling comes into our room around 11:00 p.m. complaining of a tummy ache and earache (why is tummy ache two words and earache one word?) Anyway, after she threw up and then cleaned up, I gave her some Tylenol for her ear. She woke up early the next morning still complaining of ear pain.
I got her an appointment with the pediatrician, who after looking in her ear exclaimed, "Well, this is interesting...Montana, what did you put in your ear?" She told him she hadn't put anything in her ear. He then continued to examine her and try to get whatever-it-was out with this really long, pointy needle-nosed plyer type thing. Not very gently, I might add. After about 15 minutes of Montana screaming in pain and the Dr. getting more and more frustrated (and mean! telling her to stop her crying...saying he wasn't even doing anything, when he clearly WAS doing something, telling her to stop her fibbing and just tell him what she put in there, etc etc ETC.), I told him I didn't like how this was going, and could he please sedate her. He kind of stormed out of the room.
When he came back, he told me he was sending her to an ENT (who, by the way, was able to get it out the first try. It took him less than a minute.) This is what was in her ear. It's one of those sticker earrings. He said it had been in there for about 3 months or so. It was embedded really far back next to her ear drum.
Anybody know a good pediatrician in the area? We'll be switching ASAP.



This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOW! Ow ow ow ow ow ow!
ReplyDeleteThe doctor sounds - not so very nice. Poor kiddo. Hope she is feeling better.
What a lame-O. I bet that was so hard for both of you!
ReplyDeleteWe're lucky to have options in our country, eh? Good luck finding a non-bonehead.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! that is nuts. I'm glad they got it out. you just never know what's going to pose a threat to your child, do you? sticky earrings? who'd have thought they'd cause all that drama (trauma!)
ReplyDelete