Sunday, October 14, 2007

You're In, Buddy

This little guy has made his way into our hearts in a big way. He's been with us for 6 months now, which will give us "current caretaker" status with the state. Which really doesn't mean much, except that we would be given a chance, along with family members, to be a permanent resource. (DHS lingo for adoptive family)

It feels like he's already ours. The kids have stopped calling him their foster brother and just refer to him as their brother. Tonight JJ told me she had a really good feeling that we would be able to adopt him. She said she prayed about it and asked Heavenly Father if it was going to happen and she felt like the answer was yes. I can't argue with that. Sometimes my children are more in tune with the spirit than I am. I think I have so many defenses up that I don't even allow myself to think (or feel) about it too much. Reed skips the whole thinking/feeling part of it and goes straight to "I KNOW we're going to adopt him...if we don't, I'm going to have to mess with somebody."


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so involved just by reading this blog entry, and I haven't even met him! I hope everything works out. What a blessing that he can be a part of your family for good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't think it's creepy that I'm commenting on this post, since I don't really KNOW you, but my DH was a foster care case manager for several years, and can I just say - BLESS YOU and people like you for caring about these kids. It's people like you that make the difference. I hope that if it is meant to be, it happens. You are doing an amazing thing, just by taking these kids in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete