We got some exciting news yesterday from Little Guy's caseworker. His dad's home study was denied. This doesn't necessarily mean we get to adopt him, but it does mean he most likely won't be going to live with his dad in August. Hooray!!
His dad's attorney will surely appeal the decision and drag that out as long as humanly possible. And the caseworker told us the state will now begin doing serious relative searches and determining if there are any relatives who would be appropriate permanent resources. I know he has several aunts and a grandma who have expressed interest.
In other words, there's still a long, hard road ahead.
But we're starting to feel a glimmer of hope.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Cautiously Optimistic
Posted by SusieQ at 7:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That picture of him melts my heart - I can only imagine what he's done to yours. I so hope it all works out for you guys. He belongs to you...
ReplyDeletebtw. All those posts on my blog to up your status CRACKED ME UP!!! You are one tricky gal!
I hope so too!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news. Yeah!
That is Great News!!! YAY!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Hope is good! We'll keep up our prayers!
ReplyDeleteThat is such great news! I'm so excited for you... I'm crossing my fingers, my toes, my eyes... I'll pray too. Our hearts are with ya'll....
ReplyDeleteI hope it all works out. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteGood news! I hope and pray things all work out for you.
ReplyDeleteBeing with him this week....he is definately the cutest kid i have ever met! I defiantley hope you guys can keep him!
ReplyDelete