I was planning on posting some before and after pictures, but since things have been so busy around here, I haven't had a chance to actually DO the after, let alone take pictures of it. So, I guess I'll just start with the before.
These are some planter boxes that were given to me by my dear Grandma Dorothy's Cousin's husband. His name is George and he has a great talent for making things with wood. He is getting older in years and has had to slow down considerably. He used to make all kinds of neat things out of wood and sell them at flea markets. Recently he has had to stop wood working because of some health issues.
A few months ago my dad told me he was going to go visit with George and Hazel. I asked him to check and see if George had any more of his planter boxes because I would like to buy one from him. I came home one day to find these boxes all set up, with the benches across them, in my kitchen. I should have taken a picture of THAT. It was pretty funny.
Evidently, George had one bench left and wanted me to have it. (Dad insisted on at least paying him for the cost of the wood) I was instructed not to expose them to the weather until they had been properly stained. So they sat in my kitchen for about a week until we all got tired of tripping over them.
Eventually Dad and I went to Home Depot and picked out some stain. Then the girls and I spent an evening and a good part of the next day staining them. I sure like how they look, but I'm sure they'll look much prettier if I can ever get to the store and buy some flowers to put in them.




Wow, that's really neat! I love George and Hazel. Remember those pop can airplanes he used to make? I loved those so much as a kid!
ReplyDelete