Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ocean World


Last Thursday Reed's football team had a game down south. None of the kids had school the next day and I had previously made arrangements for our family to travel down to the game and then continue on to the northern California coastline and the Redwoods and make a long weekend of it.

Ironically, Reed sustained a concussion in his football game the prior week and he wasn't cleared to play by Thursday, but since we had already paid for the beach house reservation, we went anyway.

One of the favorite activities was going to Ocean World.  We all got the chance to pet a shark.  Some of us were braver than others...

The younger kids had fun climbing inside the big fake shark and pretending they were being eaten
                         
We watched a really fun seal show. 
The girls loved this picture of a seal painted on the wall
Hank caught some waves on the surfboard (in his socks and sandals!)
Reed was too cool for surfing (and for pictures)
To be continued...

6 comments:

  1. How fun!!!

    Cute pictures too.

    Poor Reed I hope he is ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where the heck is Ocean World? I've never heard of it... Sounds cool.
    Hope your guy is feeling better before the season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you pet the shark? I'm not sure if I would. I think I would. Don't know. That place looks really cool!

    Scary about Reed's concussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun!!!
    Perfect weather right now too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a chance to be together as a family and to have so much fun. Hope Reed recovers completely soon!

    ReplyDelete