Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween 09



When I was a younger mom, I was all about "happy" halloween costumes.  My first born's costumes consisted of pumpkin, clown, fireman, cowboy, football player, duck fan, etc.  My daughters would dress up as a raggedy ann doll, bride, cheerleader, princess.

Every year they would beg to be the character from Scream with blood squirting down their faces.  (what is the appeal with that costume anyway??) Every year I said no. 

Over the years, I guess my resolve has weakened.  I have slowly given in to the scary, gory, and ridiculous.  I still don't like it, but I've decided it's not quite the big deal I used to think it was.  It's one night (or two or three, if you count the school spooktacular and the church harvest party!) of dressing up and if it makes them super happy to be a freaky looking vampire or a witch, let them have their fun.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo you're such a rebel mom!! J/K. I tried to get Ty to be a mummy this year, but I think he was a little afraid! Cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, You are beginning to sound like your own MOM!!! Now you know why Sal had all the fun and got everything she wanted!!! Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete