Tuesday, September 30, 2008
SALLY FOSTER /// ENTERTAINMENT BOOKS
I admit it. I am officially the world's biggest Fundraising Grinch. Just ask my children. Every year, on a sunny day in September, the kids race home from the bus stop and can hardly wait to show me what they "get" to sell this year. And every year I go into denial. Maybe if I just ignore it, it will go away.
How is that working for me, you ask? It's not. They don't forget about it. And every day I have to think of another excuse why we can't go out that day to sell.
I don't like my children hitting up friends and family for money. And I certainly don't want them wandering the neighborhood hitting up the neighbors for money. I don't like it one bit. OK. I'll tell you how I really feel. I hate it the whole thing.
On that happy note, I have decided this may be the least painful way to allow my children to participate (so they don't feel like total losers when all their classmates sell tons and win lots of prizes and my children sell none because their mother is, well, you know... the fundraising grinch) I will simply put up a few links to the websites. If you are interested in participating, simply click on the links. Any purchase you make will be credited to them and their school if you use the link provided.
The great thing is...you don't feel any pressure and I don't feel any guilt. It's a win-win, right? So, go ahead and check out the websites and if you feel so inclined, purchase away!
Here's the link for the ENTERTAINMENT BOOK... Make sure to enter the seller number 340745 so the girls get credit. http://www.entertainment.com/discount/fundraisingLookup.shtml
It's only $20 and there are great savings on restaurants, shopping, services, etc. You can buy one for the city you live in, or someplace you plan on visiting. They make great gifts for holidays and birthdays!
Here's the link for SALLY FOSTER... Make sure to enter the seller number 340695 so the girls get credit. Just click on th Button that says Give Credit.
http://www.sallyfoster.com/sally/home.jsp
Sally Foster sells lots of neat products. My favorite is their high quality, really cute wrapping paper and gift bags. They also sell organizing tools, stationary, gourmet chocolates, gadgets and gifts. Check out their catolog. You're sure to find something you can't live without! 50% of every purchase goes to the school!
You shouldn't need this, but just in case....the school's account number is 172258 for both fundraisers.
YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL OCTOBER 14TH, SO GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW
**If you want free shipping with Sally Foster, you can call me and I'll place the order through the school and then make sure it gets to you. The Entertainment Book has free shipping.
Posted by SusieQ at 4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'd love to buy an Entertainment Book. My girls aren't selling them this year (that I've heard... I should probably check!) but we USE these books! Everyone should buy one!!
ReplyDeleteTo get free shipping, I'd need to commit to ordering one every year, though... I tried online. So can I just order one directly through you guys?
Email me: Happy2Craft at gmail dot com
Thanks SusieQ! :)
I feel the same way about these things. I like your solution and wish you and your girls well in your endeavors!!
ReplyDeleteSince I am the PTO Secretary, I feel obligated to help in some way. We had several families just donate to the school instead of participate. I think that's a nice option.
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! Will I see you at the gym tomorrow?!
You are a better mom than me. We are selling these two things right now too, and I just figure they will get my order and grandma's...despite their visions of winning a wii!
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone. I the fund-raisers too. My kids either go back having sold one of whatever (bought by us) or having one donation sent (by us) because we don't want whatever they are selling, and we figure they'll get more money if we just send a donation! We've never won the Wii or any other "super" prize. Not even the giant eraser. Or the glow sticks.
ReplyDeleteYou really should have them call me. I buy all the crap from the neighbor kids. I'd really rather buy them from yours. I'm such a sucker:) XOXOXO
ReplyDelete"Fundraising Grinch" Hmmmm...never knew there was a diagnosis for what ails me, but I'm totally stealing your name for it!
ReplyDeleteI’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs
ReplyDeletereally nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road. Cheers
Also visit my site - USA real estate directories
Good article. I absolutely appreciate this site. Continue
ReplyDeletethe good work!
my web blog; http://www.beechbumm.com/CathyBurd