Monday, December 17, 2007

Important Questions

Bus is scheduled to come at 8:04 a.m.

8:01 a.m. Montana (still in pajamas) : "Mom, guess what my favorite animal is?"
Mom: "Monkey?" no "Penguin?" no "Dog?" no
Montana: "It's a dolphin"
Mom: "Really? Since when?"
Montana: "Yesterday"
Mom: "Why, what happened yesterday?"
Montana: "Nothing"

8:02 a.m. Montana (still in pajamas): "Mom, guess what my favorite shape is?"
Mom: "Square?" no "Circle?" no "Triangle?" yes (jumps around crazily)
Mom: "Really? Since when?"
Montana: "Just today....no actually, it's ALWAYS been my favorite shape"

8:03 a.m. Mom: "Guess what my favorite thing is?"
Montana (still in pajamas and so excited that I'm playing this game with her): "What?"
Mom: "It's when little girls hurry up and get dressed so they don't miss the bus!"
Montana: "OH!" (giggles and runs off, gets dressed, dashes out the door...)

8:07 a.m. Bus arrives late (PHEW!)

6 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I'm glad she didn't miss the bus :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I just don't blog about the other 99/100 times when I'm yelling things like, "HURRY UP!" "YOU'RE GOING TO MISS THE BUS" "WHERE ARE YOUR SHOES????" "I GUESS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SKIP BREAKFAST!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are one patient mama! I could feel my blood pressure rising as I read that post envisioning my household in the mornings as the clocked ticked away and the bus got closer... AAACK!
    I need to slow down and enjoy my kids, even if they are LATE in the mornings.
    Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gosh, the pressure of having to make the bus. I don't think we would be able to handle it, especially as gracefully as you did :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun response, Mom. Much better than anxiety and nagging. Good job.

    ReplyDelete