Thursday, December 20, 2007

Teenage Opinions

One the of the many exciting things about raising a teenager, I've found, is that they have so many strong opinions. Mine does, at least.
Yesterday, as I was driving Reed to his orthodontist appt. we passed a small toyota truck. You know, one of those little trucks that fit 2 people up front, with maybe 1 little person squeezed in the middle. Out of the clear blue (well, it was actually more like a rainy grey) Reed shouts, "I HATE that truck!!"
I'm quickly trying to assess what that little truck might have done to us and why he was spewing such venom towards it.
He continues his rant. "Those trucks are so wimpy. They don't even DESERVE to be called trucks. They're like a car with a little bed on the back. Their like Crucks. In fact, that's what I'm going to call them now. Crucks. I HATE them." And he continued to shout "CRUCK" at every small truck we passed.
Whoa nelly. Where did THAT come from? I just had to laugh at his sudden strongly held beliefs about the unworthines of a small truck. (No offense if you happen to own one...I'm sure it's great!)

5 comments:

  1. Hey friend I have a plan! You figure out how to have a teenage boy and then pass all your wisdom to me by the time by boys are that age. Ok? Thanks!!! (Because I am totally clueless).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me LOL! I'm still smiling. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is too funny! I agree with the last poster's comment... hormones. Good luck with that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure it is not a boy thing? Because Benjamin walked into the bathroom today, pointed at the washer and said, "I hate that thing!" I questioned him, and he didn't really have a reason, he just hates it?! None of my girls have done that...yet.

    ReplyDelete