Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Real Snow Storm of 2008

We woke up this morning to Montana screaming excitedly "IT'S SNOWING!" We looked out the window, and sure enough, it was coming down. We've had a few random flakes over the past few months, but nothing like this.



An hour and a half later, Reed and Little Guy discovered the winter wonderland




Church was cancelled, so the kids had a blast playing in the snow and making a snowman. I think this may be Little Guy's first snow.
Do you like his big gloves? He picked those out himself.







The girls were the first kids out in the neighborhood this morning. They had fun making tracks all over.
Doesn't it kind of look like Little Guy's head was cut and pasted into this picture? It reminds me of those Office Max Elves that were going around at Christmas time.



I'm pretty sure school will be cancelled tomorrow. This is hilarious to anyone who has ever spend any amount of time living in Utah or Idaho or any other state where it snows a lot. But here things just shut down because we don't have enough equipment or manpower to take care of all the slick roads.

4 comments:

  1. YAY for Snow Days!! They're the absolute BEST.
    Enjoy. ºÜº

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the kids get a day off to play in the snow. It helps alleviate my guilt from never taking them up to the mountains to play in the snow :) But, yes, my brother in Utah did point out that they get this kind of snow every week and nothing gets cancelled or delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our kids are loving it too. The newspaper said today it was the most Eugene has had in 10 years! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harold and Susie-

    It was so fun to see your comment on our blog. The kids are adorable. Rachel and I have been having fun checking out all of the pictures. I hope all is well with you guys. We sure miss you and love you. I would love to find a time when we could all get together. Rachel needs to see why our family loves all of you so much! Keep us posted on anything new or if you ever make the long trek to Utah. We will talk with you soon. Maybe Harold and I can try fishing again...(this time i will try to keep the pole in the boat)! Love you guys!

    Todd and Rachel Allen

    ReplyDelete