I'm not sure why I feel so overcome with emotion about the passing of President Hickley. I know in my heart and in my mind that he is happier and in a much better place now. He's reunited with his beloved wife Marjorie and many other relatives and loved ones. I would imagine that he's had a chance to meet the prophet Joseph and others who came before.
It's just that I have so many tender feelings for this man who has been our prophet for the past 12 years. He's the only prophet my children have known. He's been such a shining example of living the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is so humble, so loving, so funny.
I love you and I will miss you, President Hinckley. (Say Hi to Grandpa for me.)
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Goodbye for Now
Posted by SusieQ at 10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Me too! Don't forget that Grandpa L. will probably be introducing Grandpa S. to his old friend, Prsident Hinckley!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sad loss! But I am happy to know he is with his lovely wife again!
ReplyDeleteSeems like our hearts are all following after him . . . .
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post. It's been neat reading people's thoughts the last day or so...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing yours.
Thanks for stopping by and entering my contest. This is a really nice blog entry. And I love your song!
ReplyDeleteHallie
I saw on the KSL website that a bunch of YM/YW all over Utah spread the word to wear their Sunday best to school on Monday in honor of Pres. Hinckley. That touched me. Like you said, this is the only prophet our children have ever known. And he loved them so much, focusing on the youth a lot. He was definitely beloved!
ReplyDelete