My good friend Tracie came down from Portland yesterday to attend the U of O Women's Football Clinic with me. We had such a fun time. Her son, Brian, is on the team so she was somewhat of a celebrity with the other women. One lady was so excited and asked to have her picture taken with Tracie. We were able to meet all of Brian's coaches, which was kind of cool. Of course, they all told her what a great kid he is.
There was a reception in the beginning, where they served salad, chicken and salman skewers, veggies and drinks. Mike Belotti talked to us and gave us the run down on all the new rules for the upcoming season. (I was able to scoop my husband and teenage son when I got home!) Then we split up into 4 rotations: defense, offense, special teams, and locker room/training room/weight room tours.
I learned the most from the offensive rotation taught by Chip Kelly, the offensive coordinator. They taught us about the different positions on the field, went through some plays, and showed us some film. There was also time for Q & A. (I got extra points for asking 2 good questions) In both the defense and special teams rotations we got to get on the field in the Moshofsky center and run through some actual plays. The coaches tried to yell really loud and act like they were mad if we didn't do it right, but they didn't fool us.
As we left, we got a little gift bag with a t-shirt, some wine (gave it away), and a gift card and coupon to the Duck Shop. It was a good time.



How fun is that?! You go Susie-Q
ReplyDeleteWell, I had the most fabulous time being with you Susan! I couldn't imagine attending this activity with anyone else! Plus, you can double as my "agent" as my fan base grows!! LOL!!! People are weird, huh??
ReplyDeleteBecause you seem interested in football, you may be interested in a recently published book called "Game-Day Goddess: Learning Football's Lingo." It's amusing, informative, and let's you learn about football painlessly. It's available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com.
ReplyDeleteSuzy Beamer Bohnert, author "Game-Day Goddess: Learning Football's Lingo" and "Binkie Learns to Fly"
That is about the coolest thing I've ever heard of! I bet the coaches had a good time, too! You'll have to teach me about all the offensive stuff sometime.
ReplyDeleteWow, that sounds really fun. My husband would be green with envy.
ReplyDeleteGo Tarheels....
ReplyDeleteK