There is a big pond at the end of our street. Every afternoon this week, Reed and his friend Kameron have gone fishing there. In fact, they have been fishing this pond for a couple of years without any luck.
They fish for 3-4 hours at a time and come home empty handed
Until last night. We got a call around 8:30 pm that they had caught a 4 lb. bass. I send Hank down to the pond with the camera. (As it turns out, the fish wasn't quite 4 lbs, more like 1-2 lbs., but that's how it is with fishermen. They get a little carried away with their estimates.) But just look at the excitement on their faces. All their hard work finally paid off.


So here's the question you KNOW is going to come from me, as Hank and I have had our arguments about it: Did they keep it or put it back?
ReplyDeleteUmmm. They put it back. Is that the right answer?
ReplyDeleteConsidering WHERE they caught it...that IS the right answer. However, Bass caught in Collard Lake is the BEST EATING.... I LOVE their stick-to -it attitudes! As Winston Churchill said, "Never, Never, Never give up" MOM
ReplyDeleteSo cool!!
ReplyDeleteSweet victory.
I'm impressed and I hate fishing. Could it have been that summer vacation where I caught no fish but over 120 mosquito bites?
ReplyDeletePS--Mator cake is AWESOME. I've never made a cake that cool, ever.
I love all the pics it was fun to catch up on what you've been doing. I miss not VT with you anymore, by the way, did they have a fishing license?
ReplyDelete