Tuesday, February 19, 2008

24 Hours

Do you know how hard it is to keep something a secret from your husband when there are 4 children and 2 grandparents involved? It's really hard. In fact, I'm quite amazed I was able to pull it off. There were a couple of close calls, which is a topic for another day, but with the help of a few little white lies and an easygoing, non-suspicious husband, it was a success.


I whisked him away for a 24 hour get-a-way. We didn't go anywhere fancy or far away, but it didn't matter. We just had fun being together. We went to a small "resort" about 25 miles from home. It turned out to be much nicer than I expected. It's an older resort, but they are in the process of refurbishing and remodeling. We had a new "french cottage" type room with a fireplace and a back porch. It was totally cute.



They have decorated the walkways and buildings with interesting little touches, like this moss covered bicycle.

They have a courtyard with a fountain and gazebo.

And they have about 10 or so acres of all different types of gardens. They weren't all that beautiful at this time of year, but I'm sure in the summer it looks great. They have these cute mailboxes at each garden. Inside the mailbox, you find information on that particular garden.



They had a labrynth mowed into the back lawn. To be used for meditation and prayer while walking through it. Here's Hank meditating on how 24 hours could come and go so quickly.

10 comments:

  1. "Romaaaantic" j/k
    Looks like a lovely place to visit (and to meditate).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We need to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so fun, I want to go! I love the quaint cottageness! Good for you and your surprise triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job pulling off the surpise, SusieQ! Little getaways like that are definitely important! I'm happy for you that you finally sort of have Grandma and Grandpa back to watch the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you guys getting away from reality for a time. I'm sure it was a good refresher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I bet you never realized how fast 24 hrs can fly! Why doesn't it when we're home with the kids??? I swear, this morning feels like 2 days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds fun. What a romantic surprise. I need to do better in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely place to get away. I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a cute little place you two went to...totally love the bike! You both look great!

    ReplyDelete