Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Won! I Won!





I won a contest. I didn't have to do much, really. Just comment on Hallie's blog. And I won this beautiful "Watermelon Tourmalene" necklace from ttp://www.vlajoiejewelry.com/ Pretty cool. Thanks, Hallie. It came in the mail yesterday and I love it.

I think the last time I won a contest I was in college and I entered the Life cereal's "Guess who's Mikey?" contest. Is anyone old enough to remember the old commercial with the little boy named Mikey who was brave enough to try the cereal and then he liked it? Mikey grew up and they put his grown up picture on the box, along with a bunch of other kids his same age and you had to guess which one was the real Mikey. I won $100 and then used it to pay bills. How exciting.

What contests have you won?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!
    I actually saw that blog and contest... but didn't enter. Darn. Good for you!
    And yes, I'm old enough to remember Mikey. Loved those cute commercials.
    What have I won?? Not much. I guess my recent $100 Bingo win, a B&B stay up the Mckenzie years ago. I have a friend who wins everything all the time! She has the luck.
    Enjoy your new jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won some scrapbook paper last summer and it was a thrill!!!

    I can't wait to see you model your new prize. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a beautiful necklace.

    I won tickets and backstage passes to see Hootie and the blowfish.

    I've won several radio contests, just little things here and there, no big money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - it's beautiful!!!

    I won Pioneer Woman's camera last year! First time I ever won anything.

    Actually I just popped over here from her site. I love the "dinsor" post - too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete