I think it's some strange twist of fate that 3 out of our 4 children have birthdays in the same month. And the other child has a birthday only 1 month prior. So it's been birthday central around here lately. Montana recently celebrated her big day. 
Here she is letting Little Guy help her open a present. His was the birthday just before hers, so he got a little bent out of shape, thinking it was his day all over again. 




We have a family birthday party for our kids, but once they are 4, they get to have a friends birthday party too. I admit that I think it is too many parties sometimes, but our family is so big, it would be impossible to combine the two. My ten year old would not want her little cousins there when her school friends were around. I do get sick of making cakes though. And I breathe a sigh of relief when all parties are done for the year. They are fun, but a lot of work! My birthdays are a little more spread out than yours. Your life must be really crazy with all the birthdays close together like that! I like the rainbow cake! Happy Birthday Montana!
ReplyDeleteWell, it's a bit easier for me because I only have one child. We usually have family party and a kid party now that's he's big enough to have "friends"
ReplyDeleteSo far we've only had one party for each bday, but I understand your predicament!
ReplyDeleteI know of some people that only do friends parties every other year. That way you could at least stagger the years so you don't have to do eight parties in two months!
Or you could do what Mom did with me once I turned 10 or so: I could choose a party, or a day out with her which included lunch and dinner out, shopping, and a movie. It was so great, I only chose a party once! Plus, it was great bonding time.
I also remember a couple years just having one friend stay the night, attend the family party, and then we could do something more fun like go to the cabin, or go waterskiing, etc. (of course having a June bday was nice--no school, sunny weather, etc)