Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

We took a little trip over to the cabin for Memorial Day weekend. We didn't get there until Saturday evening because Reed had a basketball clinic on Saturday that went until 3:00 pm. We got there before dark, though, and Hank went right to work on a few trees that were leaning over the roof. He eventually got the chain saw out and at 10:30 pm I had to go out and ask him to turn it off because the neighbors might not appreciate the noise. He was having so much fun!

He had a real manly-man's weekend...cutting down trees, building big bon fires, catching 4 lb. bass for breakfast...


Here's the kids doing some karaoke in the basement:

Montana shucked the corn for our Sunday dinner and discovered a "baby" corn attached to the "mommy" corn. She thought that was pretty cool!
The men went fishing at 6:30 am Monday morning and came home with this for our breakfast:
Scott and Mikell drove over Monday afternoon and we had a BBQ. Reed was the chef and he did a great job. Little Guy and Carter had fun playing together. It was a fun weekend.

6 comments:

  1. What a FUN weekend with family. Karaoke is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a whole lot of GOOD COUNTRY FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they're all glad I wasn't there! I would've tried to get them to let all the fish go! Man, that lake is beautiful, isn't it?! Nothing compares to it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tradition of camping at the coast on long weekends. It is so fun to just hang out with family and friends and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you guys had a cabin. How fun to have somewhere close to go to get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time want to take me and the rest of my crew? There is only 6 of us! Ok? Ok. Love you!

    ReplyDelete