I attended an enrichment meeting recently. (I know, it's a shock) The guest speaker was a master gardener and she mentioned the idea of gardening as a form of therapy. I guess I had never thought of it that way before, but I think there's something to it. I love planting flowers and tending to them. It makes me happy. It's something I inherited from my dad, who is sometimes lovingly referred to as "Farmer Brown."
Today, in between chauffeuring children to school, doctor's appointments, the park, and piano lessons, and while Little Guy was having a "quiet time" I was able to sneak away for a half hour in my backyard and plant a few flowers. For the planter, I used this old, antique-ish ammonition box that I found at an estate sale a few years ago.
Afterwards, I felt refreshed and ready to take on the world. Or at least 4 of the children in the world.



I love that ammo box! Old things make me happy.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are pretty. Glad you got a good half hour to yourself.
Thanks for the sweet comments. I love that we're blogging friends! ☺
Congrats on the Enrichment meeting! I have yet to go to one here in my new ward.
ReplyDeleteLove the ammo box and the flowers! I think gardening would make me happy, too, but I feel like I don't know enough about it. How did you learn?
Like your new layout!
very very cute! if you ever want to come to Tennessee & plant flowers in my garden YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat planter turned out really cute! What a creative idea. I never would have thought about using an old wooden box like that. I too like to plant flowers in the spring, and now maybe you have inspired me to get a little creative with my containers!
ReplyDeleteThat looks really cool! I love the old ammo box. What a fun idea! If it weren't 105+ here, maybe I'd consider doing the same thing!
ReplyDeleteLook how crafty you are!!!
ReplyDeleteI love flower therapy!