Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nap Time


As usual, last Sunday Little Guy made it approximately 1/4 of the way through Sacrament meeting before being taken out. Here's how it goes down every week: Little Guy has a melt-down, usually about something really important like not being allowed to pull the carpet out of the hymnal pocket and suck on it, not being allowed to race cars back and forth under the benches with the little boy sitting 2 rows ahead of us, or not being allowed to grab an entire handful of sacrament bread.

I hand him off to Hank, who has taken it upon himself to be the sacrament-meeting-taker-outer (which I totally appreciate, by the way.) They go out into the foyer to sit, or into "room 5" if things have really escalated. After a few minutes, Little Guy calms down and gets the "privilege" of coming back into the meeting to sit with Mommy.

Last Sunday they went out and, curiously, never came back. Hmmm. Reed mentioned it to me after the meeting and wondered out loud where they were. We concluded that Hank had most likely fallen asleep and Little Guy was probably running around in the hallways by himself. Or at his favorite hang-out, the drinking fountain. He can occupy himself there for hours.

A friend of ours, who happened to be out in the foyer as well, was able to capture the evidence on his cell phone. He also mentioned that it really shook his testimony to see Hank like that during Sacrament Meeting. I guess Hank will have to answer for that one.

10 comments:

  1. Ok. Picture this:

    I'm sitting here holding my baby and catching up on blogs and come across this post.

    I am laughing OUT LOUD - even before I start to read what you wrote!!! The picture alone is hilarious!!

    My laugh gets louder and louder as I start to read the post. I just HAVE to leave a comment.

    But how with baby in arms??

    Poor little thing is laying on the floor - with no blanket or anything under her - JUST so I could leave a comment saying how GUT BUSTINGLY FUNNY this post is!

    Thank you SusieQ and Hank, for the comic relief today. (I actually needed a laugh today.)


    ....OK. Picking up baby now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless. I'm sure that story (and photo!) will go down in family history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see somethings never change...Keith

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least he's not Stake President anymore! Not that that would have stopped him. Hank and sleep go together like Rogers & Hammerstein, Hot Chocolate & Lady Fingers, Mom & her electric blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is HILARIOUS!!!!! HAA HAA~!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessi stole the word right out of my mouth. Priceless indeed. Very funny and thanks for sharing such a heart warming photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture! That is too funny. I guess they wore each other out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me laugh out loud too! Now my boys came running over to see what was making mommy laugh and they are climbing all over me and the computer....so thanks a lot. There goes my peace and quiet computer time!
    okay...so this was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, he is a High Priest, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very funny! You have a very good friend to share that nugget with you.

    ReplyDelete