We took a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas this past weekend. We stayed in a nice house with a fun pool in the backyard. Our first day there we swam for a couple of hours and then went to the Luxor for the dinner buffet. The kids were in pasta heaven, but it cost us about $95. Holy expensive.



It was pretty late when we got back home after dinner, but Hank really wanted to take the older kids over to see his parents. I stayed to put Little Guy to bed. About 20 minutes after they left, I thought I heard some pounding on the upstairs door/windows. It freaked me out. A lot. I kept hearing this pounding type noise outside, first upstairs and then downstairs by the back door I called Hank on his cell and told him I was really scared and didn't know what to do.
He said to call 911. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I guess because I've never had to do it before and I wasn't SURE what the noises were. But it kept happening, so I called. The operator stayed on the line with me until the police showed up at the front door. I just stayed back in the room where Little Guy was sleeping. They looked all around the front and back of the house, with their big flashlights on and their hands on their holsters, ready for action.
They came back in and told me the outside was "clean."
Before they left, they did an inside "sweep" as well. They opened every cupboard, every closet, looked under beds, even in the fridge! They were very thorough and professional. I kept apologizing. They were so nice and reassured me it was better to be safe and they were glad they could help me, that they were just doing their job, etc. They didn't find anything and I felt pretty stupid, but I tell you, I don't think I've ever been that scared, so I was glad I called.




Holy Cow! I don't blame you for being scared... I don't do alone very well. When Lance has to go camping with the scouts and leaves me with children in our OWN home, I don't sleep. I hear every noise. I agree with LVPD, "better to be safe, than sorry."
ReplyDeleteBUT, the house looked amazing and with a pool too... ;o) Looks like your crew enjoyed themselves.
So glad the cops didn't find anything (or anyone)! And that you all had a fun time (otherwise). If you were scared, it was definitely the right thing to call the police--they may have scared some jerk away just by showing up.
ReplyDeleteSo what was the noise??
ReplyDeleteScary! Something very similar happened to us at home. We were awakened from sleep from a very loud sound in the house like something had been dropped on the floor. Pete sat at the side of the bed for what felt like forever just listening to try and hear any other noise but it was silent. Finally he went downstairs to look around and when he saw that our back sliding door was unlocked he ran back upstairs and got his gun. Then he called 911 and they came and did the same thing as what happened to you. We still don't know what the noise was!
ReplyDeleteScary! Something very similar happened to us at home. We were awakened from sleep from a very loud sound in the house like something had been dropped on the floor. Pete sat at the side of the bed for what felt like forever just listening to try and hear any other noise but it was silent. Finally he went downstairs to look around and when he saw that our back sliding door was unlocked he ran back upstairs and got his gun. Then he called 911 and they came and did the same thing as what happened to you. We still don't know what the noise was!
ReplyDeleteSCARY! Glad you called the cops. Glad they were nice about it.
ReplyDeleteI really like JJ's swimsuit. Cute! And I can't believe how long her hair is.
CANNOT wait to see you all in 3 weeks from today!!
SCARY!!!! GOODNESS!!!
ReplyDeletei love the picture of the Fountain! WOW!
There's nothing worse than being scared like that. Glad you were okay and had such a fun time in Vegas!
ReplyDeleteWow! My heart is beating for you. I'm glad the police checked so thoroughly and came right away. Beind alone in the house with strange noises is the worst.
ReplyDeleteYeah I am with Jessie...I want to know what it was!!!
ReplyDelete